Crank shim correction

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crank shim correction
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 19:28:21 -0500
I made a mistake in my last post.  I was thinking about the number of shims
needed to bring the crank sprocket out to the cam sprocket and realized that
the crank sprocket was already out too far!!  I either need to move the cam
sprocket out (don't think this is possible) or grind a bit off the back of
the crank sprocket.

It was strange that there were no shims on the crank when I pulled the
sprocket.  Given that the cam sprocket is now about 0.015" further out (I
used a thicket front plate gasket) and the crank sprocket is still too far
out, I wonder how bad the alignment was with the old thinner gasket?

I assume that the nose on all these cams are the same thickness?

Again, thanks for all the help.  I didn't expect to have all these little
issues crop up.

Peter
'68 TR250