Fwd: RE: Intake manifolds

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: RE: Intake manifolds
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 09:04:45 -0800 (PST)
Triple stromberg manifolds can be obtained from Goodparts
(www.goodparts.com).  I believe a good source for Weber manifolds is
Pierce manifolds (don't know website) or TWM (www.twminduction.com).

Joe Curto does some neat things with SU conversions, and can provide
linkage.  I believe he is at www.joecurtoinc.com .

A stock TR6 runs the 1/4 mile in mid 17 second range.  I think 0-60 is
probably low 10 second.  Check some recent road tests from Car and
Driver and the like, that's right in minivan territory!!  A TR6 feels
much faster than that, but it's all psychological.  Part of this might
even be due to the rear end squat.  But it's all fun, and I'd rather be
in a stock 6 getting wooped by a minivan, than be the owner of minivan,
AND DAY!!

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6