Clutch cylinder rebuilding, resleeving or replacing?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch cylinder rebuilding, resleeving or replacing?
From: "Alan & Debbie Lindner" <theedge@cts.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:11:35 -0800
I was picking up my son from school.  I put my foot on the clutch
pedal and down it went, all the way to the floor.  I got home by
shifting at speed and rpm.  Had a little puddle of brake fluid in the
car and realized it must be time to rebuild the clutch master and
slave cylinder.

I have honed both cylinders but have not fine sanded them with
2000 grit.  I see some small pits.
How do you decide if it is worth it to rebuild.  Should I re-assemble
and see?

If I need to replace, should I just buy a new replacement from Moss
or TRF?
Are there units from other brands of cars that are better?
Or is the best choice to send it to Apple Hydraulics and let them re-
sleeve it with brass?

Thanks in advance.
Alan

Alan Lindner