Re: Crash Pads

To: "BOB KRAMER" <rgk@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Crash Pads
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:24:26 -0500
Perfectly correct, Bob. I also use contact cement instead of the 3M
spray for this work. Actually it's a cement for attaching the old
'landau roofs'.  I find it holds the best in heat and cold of everything
I've tried. Line the pads up carefully and mark their locations with
chalk lines to aid fitment before applying the adhesive, 'cause you only
get ONE chance! Don't be afraid to trim a little flashing off the pads
if there is excess vinyl, (especially on the lower pads) it can get in
the way of a good fit sometimes.

FWIW, Jim