Fwd: Interior Carpeting and Window Channels

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Interior Carpeting and Window Channels
From: StuBeatty@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 18:12:48 EST
I have purchased many items from MacGregor and his products are not like the
stuff from the big three. It is in fact better quality material ( I have not
financial interest in this company ). Ask for Martin, he worked in this
business in the UK and is quite an expert. Last summer I purchased two sets
of interior carpeting for my TR6s, one Shadow Blue from Rimmer and the other
was black from MacGregor. The MacGregor carpet is a much nicer carpet for
about the same price. His fuzzy door seals and A post seals, boot & bonnet
seals are much better than others I have seen.
As for carpet underfelt, again I purchased some from RF and the another from
Rimmer. The Rimmer underfelt was much better for less money. I have also
purchased some heat sheilding material that can be used either under the
bonnet or in the interior of the car. The benefit to this stuff is reflecting
the heat from the exhaust which runs under the passenger compartment. It
seems to be denser felt type material than the carpet underlay, which should
provide better sound deadening. I haven't installed all the new interior
components yet as the car is not back from the paint shop. I am trying to
locate a covered trailer to haul the car the 40 miles back home over snowy,
salt and slush covered roads.

Stuart Beatty
76 Carmine
Belleville Ontario.