Tie rod lever mounting

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Tie rod lever mounting
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:19:07 +0000
Hello List:

My front suspension/steering rebuild continues.  Can someone tell me, before
I dismantle anything, if there is only ONE "distance piece" or steel bushing
in either of the mounting holes where the tie rod lever (steering arm) bolts
to the vertical link?  All diagrams I've looked at seem to show this as
being the case.

When the two bolts are removed will the tie rod lever simply swing away from
the vertical link (while still attached to the tie rod end) allowing
replacement of the steel bushing(s)?  Or, does the lever have to be
completely removed and the bushing pressed out and replaced in a vise?

Thanks for any and all input.

Best regards,
Walt Fogle
'69 TR6, CC30689L