Body Restoration

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Body Restoration
From: "Richard Seaton" <RSH17@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:49:25 -0500
  I have a 1969 TR-6 Which is currently going through a total restoration. I
will be having the frame reinforced in the usual locations, sandblasted and
painted.  I have a couple of questions concerning the replacement of some body
parts. I need to replace the following, Floors, rockers, inner 1/4 panel, rear
deck and legs, rear valance. It may not sound it, but the car is pretty solid
for a '69.
  I plan to use the rebuilt frame as a jig for assembly, but I'm not sure of
the best way to go about it. Should I cut the body in half since both rockers
and floors will be replaced and it will make removal of the body easier, but
how about aligning everything up again. Basically build the body from the
floor pans up. Roger William's book acts as if this is the best way to do it
if you are replacing both floors and rockers. Will getting the correct fit be
a lot harder this way than replacing one side then going to the next?
  Any help or useful tips would be greatly appreciated from someone who has
done this before.
  My experience includes basic bondo work with very good results and putting
in partial 1/4's in a 240Z and fairly good mechanical ability.
  One more thing what is the best way to prep and paint a frame with.

Many thanks '69 TR6 CC27413L

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com