Re: More on Inflation pressures

To: vze2846b@verizon.net (Peter Macholdt)
Subject: Re: More on Inflation pressures
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:44:54 -0700 (PDT)
Peter, and gang---The recommended pressures of 20 and 24 lbs. really
were for the original Goodyear or Michelin tires that came with the TR6,
which were radial in construction. Many manufacturers seemed overly
concerned about keeping the front of the car pointed straight in panic
situations, and recommended softer rates in the front tires. Coupled
with a front only anti-roll bar, this assured that it would be difficult
to get the car out of shape if turned quickly. Many of us learned that
it also made the car slow in autocrossing and such, so front pressures
were upped to that of the rears, and these pressures were also raised.
Add a rear anti-roll bar and we're off to the races, so to speak.

>From there, much more can be done to improve the handling, with some
sacrifice to ride comfort along the way. But then, we have our sedans
for a boulevard ride, don't we?

Street driving on my Toyo's see pressures of 28lb. all around.

Dick T.