Re: rebuilt rear shocks and misaligned front sway bar

To: wphilipson@bigfoot.com (Walt Philipson)
Subject: Re: rebuilt rear shocks and misaligned front sway bar
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 23:36:05 -0700 (PDT)
Walt---I'm not aware of any adjustment to align the front sway bar. Can
you tell if the straight part of this bar appears to be parallel with
some other straight part of the chassis? Some measurements may have to
be taken. Any chance when bolting on the radiator shield that one side
got bolted in to the wrong holes?

If all looks correct, the bar may have been damaged (bent) at an earlier
event. I know this is possible, having pushed a large rock down a
mountain road during a storm. It took a torch to get it to line up
again.

Dick T.