Re: Ignition Lock/Switch

To: tboesken@one.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition Lock/Switch
From: "James A. Tabor" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 10:57:08 -0400
tim,

this may be obvious and you may have tried this,....

before you torn everything down did you try give the steering wheel
a good turn in either direction while trying to turn the ignition key?
sometimes these tr6's hang up on their locks. especially if the car moved a
tiny bit (or a lot) after the ignition key was turned to lock. what happens
is the front wheels move and change position -- enough to 'catch' on the
locked position just a little too tight.

-james