Machine screws for distributor

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Machine screws for distributor
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:37:37 -0000
I am in the process of reassembling my distributor and want to replace
the machine screws holding the breaker plate to the distributor, the
points to the plate and the condenser to the plate.  The problem is that
these screws appear to be of a strange size.

The plate to distributor screws and the condenser to plate screw are the
size of a #6 screw but are not the common 32 or 40 tpi.  The points to
plate screw is about #10 but again, not the standard 32 or 36 tpi.  I can
get the screw for the points from Moss but the other 3 do not appear to
be available.

Does anyone know what size these screws are and if they are available
from a local source?

TIA,
Peter Macholdt
'68 TR250