Re: oil pressure warning light

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: oil pressure warning light
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:15:36 -0800 (PST)
Dan---Glad you refreshed my memory on the 'older' switch. It's been a
decade since I replaced one on a guy's '69.  Also my boondoggle on 'open
vs closed' on this type of switch.

Can I assume that my (SEARS) Craftsman Engine Analyser is on the fritz
so far as the OHMS function selector goes? When I connect an oil
pressure switch to it, it reads 20, rather that ZERO, as you stated it
should. Then it will go to infinity when the switch is opened with air
pressure, as it should when the switch is OK. There is a 0-16V and
16-32V selector, but doesn't change the reading much in either position.

On the air supply to 'trigger' this switch, I use a parts-cleaning blow
gun, whose tapered tip fits neatly against and inside the switch port.

Thanks for cleaning up after me!

Dick