Fwd: build 50

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: build 50
From: MRMTR6@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:01:59 EST
From: MRMTR6@aol.com
Full-name: MRMTR6
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:49:33 EST
Subject: build 50
To: $SENDER@autox.team.net

I would be hesitant to use the build 50 on a car dash.  I work at a place
where we sell many types of wood finishes to professional wood finishing
shops and do it yourselfors alike.  We do sell the build 50 and it is a
good product but, it is really meant for more decorative craft type projects.
A friend of mine (without my imput) used it on his bar top and is not happy.
The bar has developed many tiny spider web cracks.  My fear about using
it on a dash is the mil thickness of the product.  When subject to extreme
temperature changes (like parking your car with the sun hitting the dash or
up here is tropical northern Illinois where you winter storage temp is often
20 below) the finish will crack. The best finish to use is a good quality
(you get what you pay for) exterior grade varnish or polyurethane finish.
If you want to get a real depth or image gloss after it has thoroughly dried
at least a week take a small buffer to it.  This will shine it up so you can
see yourself.
Mark Moore
74 tr6 (with a bad dash)
67 tr4a (with very shiny dash)