RE: Odometer; radio

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Odometer; radio
From: "Creamer, Mark" <CreamerM@cintas.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 08:40:50 -0500
John,
my experiences with the radio may help. The TR6 has a "shaft" style radio,
and there are still a few of those available. I found that Crutchfield at
www.crutchfield.com is quite helpful and carries a very large selection of
everything from basic to audiophile quality. In the shaft radios, I think
they have 2 models available (a Sony and a Kenwood). While they didn't have
data on the TR6 specifically, their general advice and suggestions were
accurate especially for a first time installer like myself.

I opted for a little more invasive solution - I bought a Blaupunkt DIN size
radio (Deutches Institut fur Normung, kind of like a Euro ANSI I think).
Anyway, it's a standard rectangular size for the dash hole, and fits many of
the new CD and/or cassette systems. I used a Dremel tool to cut the hole in
the dash support, and then wired up the new system. Works great with
speakers in the front and rear.

Many listers and 6-pack members assisted me with suggestions on this
project, especially regarding the wiring. You might check the archives to
see what others have done. Archives are located at
http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=sixpacklist

Regards,
Mark Creamer
76 TR6