Re: Carb rebuilders

To: kendallsemail@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Carb rebuilders
From: ingate@horizon.com
Date: 6 Nov 2000 14:22:06 -0000
Kendall Larsen wrote:
        > I need names and contact info of people who
        > specialize in THOROUGHLY rebuilding the Zstromberg
        > carbs.

Apple Hydraulics and White Post Restorations come to mind, and
I've had my brake master rebuilt by Apple (and have been very pleased).
However, I had my carbs rebuilt by Rick Walker in Santee, CA (near
San Diego).  Rick is a low key operation, working out of his garage,
and does nothing but carbs, especially for the circle-track, drag,
street and boat racing.  He rebuilt and rebushed my ZS' for $50ea.  I had
to do this to pass Calif. smog testing.  I slapped the carbs on, the
car started and ran perfectly, and passed!  All without any additional
re-tweaking.  I also had Rick rebuild my Webers (and Holley on the
Pantera).  The man has a magic touch, which is why he is so sought-after,
and busy, working with people from all over the country.  He does not
advertize, going only by word-of-mouth.  He is also one of the most
carb/ignition knowledgable, polite, understated, and honest men you will
ever have the pleasure to meet.  He prefers new folk to call him on his
pager at 619/544-8213.  Highly recommended.

Shane Ingate