Re: Accelerator Bushings

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Accelerator Bushings
From: ingate@horizon.com
Date: 25 Sep 2000 18:18:32 -0000
John Zimmerman wrote:
        > I just got a new set of engine compartment grommets including new
        > bushings for the shaft on the accelerator pedal.
        > They seem to be made of a hard material do these need to
        > be heated or anything to be installed ?

Easiest route is to cut one side of the bushing through to
the core, and use hot water to soften them.  This will enable
some creative "camel through the eye of the needle" wedging.
This may gall purists who would not like the thought of a mark
on the bushing, but the slice will not interfere with the
bushing's purpose.

Cheers,

Shane Ingate
Melbourne, FL