Re: overheating problems......

To: feickert@alltel.net (feickert)
Subject: Re: overheating problems......
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 23:32:00 -0700 (PDT)
Carl---It coud be that whoever set the ignition timing on your '75 may
not have disconnected the vacuum retard before doing so. This could
result in very late timing, and could cause the engine to overheat,
especially if the cooling system is already suspect.

It doesn't make too much difference which thermostat (opening) you
choose, so long as it controls the rated temperature that's stamped on
the unit. I've tried them from 165 to 190 degrees, and would say my only
preference was the 190 for better in-cockpit heating during top-down
night time driving.
The 190 put the needle just passed the center mark on the temp gauge.

Dick T.
L.A., Ca.