oil pressure question

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil pressure question
From: "The Brinkers" <thebrinkers@home.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 20:31:10 -0400
Hello all,
I had my 6 out over the long weekend and saw something I never really
noticed before.  Usually, when I accelerate my car through the gears, the
oil
pressure usually will climb as the RMP's do.  What I have noticed is that
sometimes when I am driving at about 2500 rmp's and then accelerate (placing
a load on the engine), the oil pressure will begin to rise and then just
under 3000 rmp's it will dip for a moment and then continue to rise.  Anyone
ever seen this?
I do have considerable pressure at when I first start up about 90 - 95 lbs
and while crusing about 65 - 70 lbs.  Idle drops to about 45 or so when
warm.

Mike Brinker
74 TR6