Charging System Problem/questions..

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Charging System Problem/questions..
From: "Ken Davis" <kenjdavis@home.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 21:13:13 -0700
Hi 6- list!

I have a 73 TR6 and tonight I noticed a potential/real problem
with the charging system.  My red warning light stayed on after
starting.  It certainly wasn't very bright, but it was on.  I
also noticed that the voltmeter was showing about 14.5 - 15
volts.  At idle, it did drop back a bit, at rev-up, it did climb
up, so I suspect the alternator is working.

 I'm wondering

Do I have a voltage regulator problem, & how can I tell?

Is this symptomatic of a loose wire / dirty connector problem?

Any ideas on what I should look into, and how I should go after
it?

Thanks,

Ken
South San Francisco