Re: Another Heater Control Valve Problem

To: mike.brinker@mfasco.com (Mike Brinker)
Subject: Re: Another Heater Control Valve Problem
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 00:06:02 -0700 (PDT)
Mike---I don't know if more than one company makes this valve or not,
tho I doubt it. I replaced mine every year for about four years in the
1980's (ruptured diaphragms) but none since, after going to a 7 lb. rad
cap. Coincidence?

To your question about the "hard, springy pull."  It may be worth it to
test the routing of the cable by taking it from its dash mounting, and
secure it somehow (by hand?) in a more or less straight line to the
valve. This tempoary new route should tell you something. This is not
one of Triumph's finer engineering features, as it makes too many hard
turns. Still, mine operates with a three-finger pull, and controls the
water flow. Yours should also.

Dick T.