Alternator Help

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator Help
From: jdhenn <jdhenn@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 20:58:06 -0400
Howdy all,
Thanks for the advice on the clutch slave cylinder leaking problem
(through the pushrod end cap)  I removed the slave and found that the
insides had gotten pitted with some scratches.  I thought this was a new
slave (less than a year old) that my mechanic put on when I first got
the car. But it definately looks about ten years old. The rubber seal
around the piston looked good.  So I am assuming the rough surface was
the cause of the leaks. Anyhow, I had to make an order to Uncle TRF so I
sprung for a new one.
you know the car is already on jack stands waiting for parts from Uncle
TRF, so I might as well clean and repaint the alternator.  I have the
alternator off the car.  How do i get the pulley nut off so I can remove
the black pulley for a repaint. I don't want to damage the pulley by
clamping it and then using a spanner to remove the nut.  Any
suggestions.

Thanks for all the help!
75 and sunny in Central Florida and the TR6 is on jack stands
75 TR6 CF35914U
--
Jim Henningsen
Kissimme, FL