2000-register

Re: steering noise

To: "2000 List" <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: steering noise
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 22:57:49 +0100
Hi Thorsten
Does this noise stop as soon as you let a little weight off the wheel, if so
it is the pressure relief valve in the pump coming open to prevent damage to
the system. My Fathers 2500 TC and other cars I have known with PAS have all
done this therefore I think it is nothing to worry about.

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon
1972 2.5PI Saloon