2000-register

PI intake setup

Subject: PI intake setup
From: "Dave W" <dw_triumph@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:59:13 +1200
Well, as I said in the last email - the intake pipes were getting sucked-in
with the vacuum now being routed through them. I contacted all the local
rubber tube suppliers I could find but the only thing they could supply
would have been a radiator type hose, that might or might not have stood up
to the pressure. I phoned the guy who had done the TR6 I'd seen in a
magazine a while back, he said that he'd used the original pipes!, then I
remembered that the 150bhp TR6 (early) has about half the vacuum of the
standard saloon, that was why he didn't have any problems.
So I came up with the idea of using 6 pieces of steel pipe shaped in the
same way as the original rubber. I'll make up three flanges (and gaskets) to
bolt the three sets of pipes onto the manifolds and then weld the new pipes
to the air chamber. And that will fix everything (I hope!). And maybe then
get the
whole lot chromed and make it look all quite exotic!!!!

Regards
Dave W

///
///  2000-register@autox.team.net mailing list