2000-register

Re: Quiet Season

To: sapat@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Quiet Season
From: "MIKE HARDWICK" <mikeh2500@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:20:52 -0000
Sharon -
        re 2500S mods; I agree with what David Greed suggested, with a few
anglisised alternatives. Actually, what I did to my 2500TC was as follows -
PI cam, 45 thou shaved from head (giving approx 9:1 cr - I assume the head
is coming off), Witor semi-sports ss exhaust, unleaded valve seats and SU
needles to suit (Chris Witor can suggest suitable needles). A further Good
Move would be a tubular manifold, I didnt bother because, basically, I ran
out of cash! Anyway, I found that with the above mods the timing was quite
happy at 10 degrees btdc - no pinking on unleaded. A rolling road set up
then gave 104 bhp at the wheels - whats that, about 125 - 130 at the
flywheel? Mpg thereafter was about 23, oh - and I already had uprated
springs and radialmatic dampers. A later addition was Aldon Ignitor
electronis ignition which fits neatly in the dizzy cap, and EBC greenstuff
kevlar pads - which, ffor me, worked as advertised - brilliantly! Hope this
helps.       Regards - Mike Hardwick