2000-register

Re: sway bars

To: "steven king" <sssskings@hotmail.com>, <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: sway bars
From: "Cindy and Terry@ESP" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 18:09:38 +1000
On our race PI we run a 2500 S front bar with adjustable end links and 1/2"
custom made rear bar. The rear bar is required to stop understeer with the
LSD.

We are just reworking the front end to get more ackerman angle on steering &
a little less bump steer. This will hopefully help it around tight corners.
We have dropped the inner wishbone pivot and made a large slot with camber
adjusters. We have also moved the rack backwards.

These adjustments will move the roll centre down a bit and this might
require strong roll bar--tests begin next week. We have also gone up to
350lb/in front springs to stop coil bind under extreme cornering--we were
just getting the coils to touch in a couple of bumpy corners.

The next planned move is different/solid rear subframe mounts to stop rear
wheel steer.

Terry

///
///  2000-register@autox.team.net mailing list