2000-register

My last missing cylinder (of possible interest only in the UK)

To: "2000- Register" <2000-Register@autox.team.net>
Subject: My last missing cylinder (of possible interest only in the UK)
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 21:33:02 +0100
Hello friends and relations!
I'm delighted to tell you I shall be at Gaydon on Sunday - incarnate in the
flesh and on
display as a rolling restoration - warts, holes and all.
The thing is, I'm still only inclined to run on five and not six - and this is
making 'the
bloke' more than a little testy. He had hoped to be with you all for most of
the day but
the demands of the job means he'll be flying around like a blue bottomed fly,
doing tours
and trying to ensure everyone is happy.
He is of the view that some of you in attendance might be seeking an outlet for
your
feelings, or a wish to vent a spleen on any matter in your focus. This suggests
you might
have time on your hands? He won't have that and he's more than a little anxious
to see me
on to my trailer at going home time on all six pots - rather than five.
I know what's wrong with me - but he doesn't and the challenge is to find the
answer and
get me sorted without further investment. The person who does it will go home
with a
bottle of Scotch as proof of their labours. If the solution is found 'in
Committee' -
you'll just have to have a swig all round and hope you don't get bagged going
home.
This is what I've had done to me:

Re-worked head and all my valve clearances are as they should be.
Compression pressures average out at about 175-180 psi
New plugs. I've had eight in all
New dizzy cap
New rotor arm
New HT leads
Butterflies *pretty well* in synchro
Timing at TDC. (I've got the later dizzy and I'm happier at TDC than 8 deg BTDC)
The bloke noticed tonight that I've got a periodic dribble from the back of my
metering
unit

Is anyone willing to rise to the challenge? You might want to bring a few tools
with you.
A small toolbox with a timing light will be in my boot if anyone wants to use
them - and a
tatty workshop manual as well.

See you Sunday

Love and kisses

CANLEY GIRL

PS Once you've sortyed me out 'potwise' - my brakes are next on the agenda!