2000-register

Re: Wheel pullers

To: Mike Sharp <msharp@cynapps.com>
Subject: Re: Wheel pullers
From: "Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 15:38:31 +1000
With all due respect, I suggest there is a lot of sillinness being
spoken about removing steering wheels.

I have dismantled hundreds (literally) of Triumphs and never used a
wheel puller on any of them. All you need is a gentle tap on the shaft
with a brass drift, whist firmly holding the wheel. Unless somebody has
loctited the wheel on, they just fall off. Of course, you dont bash so
hard as to damge the rack but removing the pinch bolt removes this risk.
. The Mk1 2000 of course requires a bit more effort to release the horn
bar without damaging it

Terry O'Beirne