2000-register

Winter lay-up

To: "2000- Register" <2000-Register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Winter lay-up
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 00:05:31 -0000
Friends

In the past, I've seen comment on the common-sense of
putting a sort of 'stabiliser' in the fuel tank of injected
cars to avoid possible corrosion in the metering unit during
a prolonged period of inactivity. While I'd hope that the
fuel filter would stop water contaminant getting there in
the first place and I do plan to run the engine at regular
intervals during the winter, has anyone ever used a
'stabiliser' and if so, what was it? As I've just spent
quite a lot of loot over the last few months in having the
whole PI system rebuilt and the head converted for unleaded,
I'm anxious to avoid sorting out possible aggro next year.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jonmac