2000-register

Hello.

To: "Triumph 2000 Register" <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hello.
From: "Liz Clancy" <liz@long-dog.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 19:39:52 +0100
Hello everyone.  I've finally got myself on the Big Triumphs list.  I sold
my 2000 a few months ago, but still remain a Register member.

Currently, I am fitting an early (CR) PI engine to my GT6 Mk2.  A couple of
questions:

Firstly, can anyone confirm that the MG XXXXXXX 2.5 PI engines were the
short nose crank versions.  I have a long-nose crank with my PI engine, but
a TSSC contact said he used an early PI engine for his 2.5 conversion to his
GT6 and it bolted straight in.  I suspect he has a short nose crank on that
MG engine - even if it is pre or post MG 50000.

I suspect I need a short nose crank to bolt onto my GT6 flywheel.

Secondly, although I have all the manifolds and 2 out of 3 weber 40 DCOEs
for my 2.5, the thought of reuniting it with a PI setup is very appealing!!!
¦:0)    Does anyone have any *cheap* injection gear they want to shift?

Best wishes.

Jon Clancy
GT6 Mk2
TSSC