2000-register

2000 air-con unit

To: Mike Sharp <msharp@cynapps.com>
Subject: 2000 air-con unit
From: "Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 20:17:11 +1000
Mike

Whislt I'm in San Fransico bay area I can probabaly help with air-con
parts. I sent a set to the USA recently.

The US dealer fitment was almost certainly based on a (now) outdated
piston compressor which took up a great chunk of the engine bay.
Australian cars on the other hand almost always had rotary compressors
which are very similar to what one still buys today. From 1974,
Australian dealers fitted a "standard" kit which was semi-integrated,
with the evaporator living under the parcel shelf but behind a purpose
made cover theat matched the dash grain.
A Stag type fully integrated kit (air-con & heater combined) was also
avaialable via certain dealers as it was hand-made by a Sydney based
firm

Terry O'Beirne
Brisbane, Australia