2000-register

Another Note/letter from Australia

To: "Jonmac [Jonmac@Ndirect.Co.Uk] (E-mail)" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Another Note/letter from Australia
From: Andrew Thompson <ajt@expmining.com.au>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:31:58 +0800
Hello everyone up there and down here,

I hear on the grapevine that the UK has been experiencing almost Tropical
weather.  I guess the purchases of frozen peas has doubled for all the PI
owners ( if you can afford the fuel!! ).

Things have been fairly quiet on the  competition department but me and Mark
Compton recently competed in a hillclimb at Mindarie Keys, North Perth run
by the VSCC (WA). A very tricky course had been set up with tight
unforgiving bends (kerbs and concrete blocks) and part of the course more
suitable for autokhana mini's. One BMW M3 replica came to grief early with a
bad crunch into a lump of concrete and I think this slowed a few people
down.  I managed a competitive 56.4 secs over the 1000metre course beating a
Porsche 911T and race prepared Porsche 356C.  The fastest cars were doing
50 - 53 secs ( caterham sevens and 351cui  AC Cobra replica). This weekend
is the Fiat Car Club supersprint at Wanneroo Raceway where I hope to win my
class again in the Combined Car Club Sports Register championship.

The car has remained  mostly the same, recent mods include:
        -solid rack mounts and reinforced front crossmember ( this was found
to be flexing where the steering rack bolts on)
        -11.5" Vented Front Discs (Nissan Van???) and modified Volvo 4 Pot
calipers
        -Electric Fan replacing engine fan
        -Bumpers removed fairly permanently for that rally go faster look!

The sprint on Sunday may attract another competing 2500 PI and I now have my
old Nikon 35 mm back in service

Watch this space

All the Best

Andy Thompson