2000-register

PI Questions....

To: 2000-register@autox.team.net
Subject: PI Questions....
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 11:46:02 -0700
Since there was a lot of general talk on the triumphs list recently
about PI, I thought this would be a suitable place to ask a couple of
more specific questions, directed to 2000 owners in the UK.

Since I'm buying a PI system from an early UK 2500, three questions come
to mind--what firm is the general favorite for rebuilding the metering
unit? Is no-lead rebuilding commonly available? And, last--it is my
understanding that early metering units had no barometric compensation,
but that it was fitted to later metering units. If true, is it possible
to adapt the early metering for barometric compensation?

The latter is fairly important to me, since I live in an area of the US
with some considerable ups and downs in altitude.

Cheers.