vtr

Re: Ownership tracing

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, TriStagReg@aol.com, iron_horse819@yahoo.com, vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ownership tracing
From: Bristol7@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 22:31:19 EDT
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
Just to throw a little more gas on the fire.......I have
been researching the history of our Triumph and
have found a couple of additional roadblocks yet
undisclosed in the messages addressing this topic.

I acquired a Cert from BMHT and was pleased to learn
the Beast was delivered to JRT San Francisco. From
there, I discovered it ended up in the state of New York,
however I am unsure and unable to determine how and
when it got there......so far. I was able to learn of the car's
residence in New York via an internet car search site.
A request for information to New York Department of
Motor Vehicles yielded several previous owners dating
back to 1994, but according to U.S. law, I am unable to
contact these individuals as it might constitute an invasion
of their privacy. From what I can source, one individual may
have taken the car West (California) and registered it
there. I have yet to determine if California will provide a
vehicle's registration history, and I am in the process of
now of asking California Department of Motor Vehicles if
they will provide me with that information. I am presuming
the car was initially sold in the Great State of California since
San Francisco was its port of entry, and I am hoping in a
very big way that California registration history is
extensive.

Best Regards,

Kirk Yonker
81 TR8 Fi Dhc Pod