vtr

Re: TR4A front suspension

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov, kballoys@televar.com
Subject: Re: TR4A front suspension
From: TRDOCTOR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 22:13:08 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, vtr@autox.team.net, cak@dimebank.com
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/19/1999 6:51:11 PM Central Standard Time,
amace@unix2.nysed.gov writes:

> On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Robert Diaz wrote:
>
>  > I would appreciate  advise on what I may have ressembled wrong in my
>  > TR4A.  I am doing a restoration and I discovered that the front
>  > suspension has an interference. Nothing is mounted on the  frame except
>  > the IRS rear suspension and the front suspension.  After installing  and
>  > releasing the spring tension I found an inteference between the trunnion
>  > ( where  king pin attaches )and the spring bottom  pan. The frame   is
>  > still jacked up. The trunnion rubs against the spring pan when the spring
>  > is in its full extended position;  the wheels can not turn from lock stop
>  > to lock stop.
>  > Except for bushings and bearings,  all of the  assembled parts are the
>  > original. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
>  >
Robert;
The only thing that I can think of off the top of my head is that you may have
assembled the front spring pan on TOP of the lower control arms.  The correct
way to install the spring and pan is to compress the pan/spring as a unit from
the bottom and use the nyloc nuts to secure it.  It seems that you may have
inadvertently installed the lower control arms upside down as well.  Good luck
and let me know how it turns out.

Sam Clark
VTR South Central Regional Coordinator
TS45355L O