vtr

TR6 Fuel Leak

To: vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Fuel Leak
From: "Mark_Simon@MSN.COM" <Mark_Simon@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 97 01:16:45 UT
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Dear VTR,

I am the proud owner of a fully restored 1974 TR6. The car is beautiful,
complete and a lot of fun to drive (of course only when it is clear out).

I have a problem that I thought someone at VTR  may be able to help me with.
During this recent season I have found that the carburetors are both leaking
apparently from the bottom o-ring seal area. I was told by another enthusiast
that these o-rings dry out and that is what causes the fuel to leak when the
engine is cold. Since this is my symptom (it does not leak while driving or
when the engine is warm) I have removed the lower housings and replaced the
o-ring and the gasket and it is still leaking on both carbs.

DO you have any ideas on what could be causing this ??

THX,

Mark Simon
Mark_Simon@MSN.COM