vtr

Triumph parts for sale

To: Vintage Triumph Register general list <vtr@autox.team.net>
Subject: Triumph parts for sale
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 10:30:34 +0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-vtr
I'm posting this first to VTR members and others. I'll probably post to
the main Triumphs list in another day or so.

The time has come to clear some sorely needed space in the barn and other
areas to make room for, and to help fund, various other projects. Therefore,
I am looking to sell any or all of the following:

-- TS80315L: Late TR3A (flat floor, raised hinge platform, all-metal) BODY
   TUB. Good, straight condition. Will need LHS floor pan, battery box and
   some minor patching in a few other areas. Sills appear solid. Comes with
   Commission number and other body number tags AND TITLE! $500 FIRM.

-- TR3A ENGINE/TRANSMISSION from above (believed to be original to above
   car). Condition unknown. $275 OBO.

-- DOORS, HOOD, TRUNK LID, FENDERS, FRONT APRON from above car. All good;
   none perfect. $50 each or $350 all.

All of the above as package: $750 FIRM.

Also these other items:

-- "TRIUMPH GT6 & VITESSE 2 LITRE WORKSHOP MANUAL" (issued by Service
   Division, Standard-Triumph Sales Limited), fourth issue, August 1969;
   includes GT6+/Mk.2 and Vitesse 2 Litre Mk.2. Slightly dog-eared dividers
   and lightly soiled binder, otherwise very good condition. $50 plus
   shipping.

-- TR7 "VICTORY EDITION" SPOKED WHEELS (2). Good condition, but need
   refinishing. $25 each plus shipping or both for $50 (shipping paid).

-- SPITFIRE 1500 (also fits Mk.IV) FACTORY HARDTOP. Good condition, missing
   some minor attachment hardware. $275.

-- SPITFIRE Mk.IV BONNET ASSEMBLIES (3). One very good with very minimal
   rust; otherwise straight. One straight but needs wheel arch rust repair on
   both sides. One as above but with minor dents at front. $225, $100, $75,
   respectively.

-- TR4 TRUNK LID. Very good condition. $75.

-- assorted SPITFIRE Mk.IV/EARLY 1500 DOORS (both sides), varying conditions
   and states of completeness. $20-$75.

-- TR4 (?) OVERDRIVE UNIT ONLY (no transmission or mainshaft). Condition
   unknown. Includes correct shift extension cover. $100.

As noted above, I can ship the wheels and the GT6 workshop manual. I would
consider delivery on all other items within a 100-mile radius of Albany, NY.
Otherwise, come and get it, as I'd prefer anyone interested to see exactly
what they would be getting before they get it!

NOTE: I could be tempted by all or partial trade on any of the above for
interesting Triumph Mayflower, 10, Herald and Vitesse/Sports 6 items, as well
as period (mid-1960s) Spitfire racing bits. Let's talk!

--Andy