vtr

68 Spitfire

To: vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: 68 Spitfire
From: Linda Grunthaner <grunthau@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 95 18:32:10 EST
Dear VTR,

I would like to know what distance I should place my fender mirrors on my 68
Triumph Spitfire.  Most books do not show any mirrors and the car never had
any.  Also are fender mirrors stock.  I have heard that you could have your
choice door, or fender.

Over the summer my differential went on the same car.  By the time I drove it
home (banging all the way) the rear sagged to the point of 1 to 2 inches.  I
replaced the differential and I am in the process of reassembly.  Do I need a
new spring, does it need re-arching or is that sag common with diferential
problems?

Final question;  I do all mechanical work on the car since 1976 and recentally
found a mechanic here in New Jersey who is from England he only works on
European cars.  He said the rear design of the Spit will put stress on the
differential and to change the oil at every other engine oil change.  Is there
any other modifications to reduce that work.

Thanks Again

Linda Grunthaner
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
grunthau@njin.net.net