Re: [Vintage-race] [Lotus] An S1 with Duplicate Number... a can of

To: John Donohoe <sevenamerica@yahoo.com>, lotus@se7ens.net,
Subject: Re: [Vintage-race] [Lotus] An S1 with Duplicate Number... a can of
From: rickyocum@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 19:01:58 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I think that's the proper way to handle the situation and I offer high praise
for the current owner.

The question of what constitutes "an original" has been discussed on various
boards for several years.  The favorite quote I ever read on the subject (and
I'm taking liberty with the numbers because I don't remember the exact
quote)dealt with the 1957 Chevy "Black Widows.'  I once read the comment "Out
of the 125 originally produced, primarily for NASCAR racing, only approximately
500 have survived."

Rick