[Vintage-race] Rare racing footage

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: [Vintage-race] Rare racing footage
From: Les Cannaday <les@classicdatsun.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:32:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Guys
I do not post very often but thought I would let any of you know about a
wonderful resource that has recently come to my attention. Any of you that
have a historic race cars with history back to the early 70s that may have
made the run-offs ther could very well be some good footage of your car in
practice and the races at Road Atlanta. If you know of the Photographer Gordon
Jolley h has started to get out selected 16mm movies and edit them onto DVD of
selected years and classes and it could be as little as a 10-15 min dvd or it
could turn into more like the 72-73 Formula 5000 dvd being done right now. I
was seeking footage of my 1967 Datsun 2000 roadster that finished 4th in 72
and 4 th again in 73 with different team. So I paid to sponser the 72-73 C-D
production DVD which can now be purchased for about $45 from Gordon. He also
has a 14 minute under 2.5 T/A video and while surfing the Can -Am and formula
5000 sampler DVD I found never before seen
 footage of the BRE Formula 5000 Lotus that was wrecked the nextday by a freak
rain storm in 72. If any of you are seeking footage of any important car that
you may have I recomend you contact Gordon as he has told me that the old
footage is starting to go bad and he cannot afford to put it all on DVD and
does not know what all people might be interested in. He only shot movies at
Atlanta at the time and he has many other yers as well and I only wish he had
my car at Daytona in 69 where it took 2nd place.

On another note the guys of the Vintage Sedan Race Group are sponsering the
first ever BRE Team reunion in Irvine Ca on Oct 11th from 5-8 PM and we have
all the important team members coming to this once in a lifetime event and we
have very limited room left maybe only 50 seats for dinner and the guests
include
Pete Brock
John Morton
John Caldwell
John Knepp
Mac Tilton
Floyd Link
Kirk Allegro
Trevor Harris
Bruce Burness
Tony Adamowicz and a few more I cannot recall right now
If you would like to attend before I put this info out to the datsun crowd
please go to VSRG.org or bsedan.com and follow the links to join us for a
great night of bench racing with legends.
Take care
Les

Les Cannaday
Classic Datsun Motorsports