[Vintage-race] Sad News - Al Leake Jr. 1938 -2008

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, GLKuntz@aol.com, notes4don@gmail.com,
Subject: [Vintage-race] Sad News - Al Leake Jr. 1938 -2008
From: mhkitchen@aol.com
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 13:02:28 -0500
All:

It is with sadness that I inform you, that today's local paper contained the
obituary of our racing friend, Al Leake Jr, who passed on January 25th.?? Many
of you know Al from his obsession and love of all things Alfa Romeo.? Al most
recently raced his very quick, long-time Gulietta Spyder in vintage venues, but
his racing history goes back for many years with the SCCA, where I believe he
held several championships, as well as various track class records.? For a
time, Al also dabbled with a racing shoe business he founded, known as Hot
Shoes (I still use mine and will remember him as I do).?? Apparently, Al lost a
recent battle with pancreatic cancer.? A memorial service is planned to be held
at his home in Boulder Creek, CA on Februrary 16, but further information was
not immediately available.? If I learn anything further, I will post it.? Our
thoughts go out to Al's family.? Please pass this on.

FYI, here is a link to tributes to Al on the Alfa board:?
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/motorsports/54161-al-leake-notable-alfisti.html

There is also further info at the SCCA website at:
http://www.sfrscca.org/content/view/9043/162/

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128