Re: Penske Cooper

To: jrhill@chorus.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Penske Cooper
From: WMW79@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 21:23:14 EDT
Hi Jim:
I consulted the Pace/Brinker book "Vintage American Road Racing Cars"; the
one that has a picture of your old (now my) Genie on the cover. Says that SCCA
changed the rules about seating after the Zerex Spl. won the '62 Times GP.
Roger widened the car and later sold it to John Mecom who intended to replace
the
2.7 liter Climax with an Olds V8, but sold the whole package to Bruce McLaren.

McLaren took the car to England, put in the Olds, and raced it there and in
Canada. Later, he sold it to Dave Morgan in the Southwest Division of the SCCA.
No further info on it's whereabouts.

Bill Watkins