Re: winter races

To: Jnhorn@aol.com
Subject: Re: winter races
From: Michael Kamm <mkamm@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 10:04:37 -0500
On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 09:19:42 EST Jnhorn@aol.com writes:
> Anyone know of any vintage races on the East Coast this winter? Can't
> wait
> until Lime Rock opens in May. Sebring doesn't seem to open until
> March.
> Jon Einhorn
> Austin Healey 3000
***** Hello Jon,

There sure is! A.M.E.C. is hosting the first ever Historic ice races on
Lake George, NY on Saturday, February 25th. There are 27 cars signed up
already. For details go to http://www.icerace.com/Historic%20Class.htm.

Current list of Historic class drivers 12-5-05

Central New York Ice racing Assoc.

Nick Julian, 4 cars:

* Harold Cameron's former Saab 96
* Huck Spaulding's championship winning orange #80 Saab 96 [Dave Wiltse
driving]
* Butch Schirra's former 2-stroke Saab Sonett
* Homer Trotter's Saab 96 rallye car

Casey Creamer, Burdett, NY, '60 Austin Healy Sprite
Ann Jordan, "Rotary Rocket", 1972 Mazda RX2
Bill Lass, Buffalo, NY, Saab 95 wagon

Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club and others

Dave Burnham, Delanson, NY, '66 Citroen DS21
Bruce Turk, '61 Saab 96 Rallye Car
Tom Baird, Caroga Lake, NY, '72 Saab Sonnett
Mike Kamm, Averill Park, NY, '77 Datsun B210
Sam Patterson, Saquiot, NY, Saab 96
Sue Salsburg, NJ, 56 MGA
Eric Nelson, Longmeadow, MA, Saab 96
Bob LeGere, Pleasant Valley, CT, '71 Opel Ascona
Steve Garret, Delaware, '60 Austin Healy Sprite
Rik Rydant, High Falls, NY, '66 Saab 96
Bob Addis, Cohoes, NY, 1960 DKW 3 cylinder, 2 stroke
Jim Hutchings, Utica, NY, Bull Nose Saab 96
Max Stratton, New Hampshire, Triumph Spitfire

New Meadows Ice racing in Maine:
Charlie Thompson's crew from the Cumberland Motor Club are getting ready
several Sonnetts and 96's.
Another member's will bring a neat little '76 Mercury Capri [I love
those!]

>From the Vintage Auto Racing Assoc. of Canada:

Volvo 122
Former SCCA Trans-Am class Volvo 142