Fast towing

To: "Vintage Race List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fast towing
From: "Jerry Burr" <zero260@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:21:22 -0700
When I began this thread I wondered if I was the only one who has done some
rapid towing. Evidently I am not.
My fast tow was on 505 heading back from Seattle a few years ago. Late at
night, been driving since morning and in that "too close to home to stop now"
state of mind. It was a 1993 Ford F 150 King Cab, long bed pulling a single
axle open trailer with a Lotus 51 perched on top. The Ford had a 4.9 litre
straight 6 and flew down about 35 miles of 505 at a steady 90mph........I got
away with it, but I don't recommend it.....

Jerry Burr