lotus TC engine rebuild prob?'s/cam timing

To: "lotuseuropa@yahoogroups.com" <lotuseuropa@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: lotus TC engine rebuild prob?'s/cam timing
From: "christopher h. kang, md" <chkangmd@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:10:51 -0700
my TC lotus engine is being built into a full race engine (by my alfa
mechanic who has alot of alfa race engine time), and  the builder is
having trouble timing the cams (ZL-1 and ZL-16 types)  w the valves
installed 1.69 and 1.44" diam. which is the same as the Brian Hart built
engine. He can't dial out the valve interference.  We did find out that
the head shoulde have 0.25" dist. betwn the valve heads and that the
exhaust should sit 0.004 lowr than the intake, but this doesn't seen
enough to still dial in the cams at 102deg. got 106(I) and 129(E) but
this bent a couple valves. any one have and idea if the Hart head was
somehow different that the stock?

christopher