1.75 Velocity Stacks-From the 60s

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: 1.75 Velocity Stacks-From the 60s
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:37:12 EDT
Triumphs, Morgans, MGs, and all users of 1.75 SUs and Strombergs:

We replicated the tooling to produce a velocity stack that had a strong
measure of success in the 60s. Extensive dyno testing yielded up to 4 HP, but
the
supporting data was lost to time. (This information comes directly to us from
the well known Triumph Tuner who had these designed, manufactured, and did the
testing.

>From a chassis dyno, sample of one run last week....the HP increase was 4 HP
@ 5,000RPM at the rear wheels on a Triumph TR4 Engine. Not much data, at this
point, but certainly encouraging.

We did a production run of 35 Pairs and now have 2 Pair left, and available.
We would do another production run if there were sufficient interest.

If anyone is interested the 2 pairs left, please inquire at <N197tr4@cs.com>
Digital pictures can be transmitted...they sure look great.

Fun project between two factory management retirees...and we didnt have to do
any Capital Equipment Justifications or write any Authorization For
Expenditures (AFE)  And it didnt require endless nonproductive meetings... :-)

Thanks....