Re: SU carb needle markings.

To: "cfchrist@earthlink.net" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: SU carb needle markings.
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 19:50:16 +0000
-------------- Chuck's original message --------------

> i have 2 SU carb needles marked eother "RG" or "BG" wich are very "trick"
>looking .
> i'm suspicious that if they are not a competition needle from BMC that they
> might be from robert (bob) griffith of BHP development. does anyone still
> posess the needle charts i remember seeing somewhere in the shady past of
>rather long ago to possibly verify this?

RG's are a little richer than the RH's which are standard needles in HS6 carbs
used on TR4A's. The richness difference gets bigger as you get to the thinner
ends of the needles, but to me they would be street needles..
There is also a BG, and it is significantly richer than the RH and the RG. I'd
guess from your "trick" description, that they are the BG's.
There's a pretty good SU needle program at:
http://www.winsu.co.uk/
If you want to print from this program and you have XP, you will need to
download a print screen program.
HTH,
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U