1300cc spitfire question?

To: "vintage-race" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1300cc spitfire question?
From: "cfchrist@earthlink.net" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 08:29:06 -0400
i have what i think might be a triumph 1300cc tool here and i'm unfamiliar with
the line and tools related to it.   i'd be willing to send off a picture of it
to those whom might be able to identify it?
BTW, it has no stamped tool number on it like i'm familiar with.
it looks like a "U" shaped piece with a steel strap across the "U" part with an
allen(or socket head) set screw in the plate with a jamb nut on the set screw.
 is it an engine tool or some part i am completly unfamiliar with?   it's about
2" across  in width(aprox.)  it's certainly not a spridget tool nor spridget
part.   ;)

thank you!
chuck.
if you'd like a picture, email me and i'll do my best to send a picture off to
you.   it looks similar to other factory tools i have seen but i just am unable
to identify it without a shop manual depicting the tools etc.

cfchrist@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.