MG-Triumph Challenge at the Mitty

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: MG-Triumph Challenge at the Mitty
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:18:42 +0000
Hello everyone,

In case there are any MG or Triumph racers on this list who haven't yet
heard ... the BIG EVENT for MG's and TR's this year is the Mitty Challenge
at Road Atlanta, April 28-May 1.  We already have over 70 cars entered!
They range from a couple of Pre-war MG's, to T-series, MGA's, Midgets, and
MGB's, plus TR3's, 4's, 6's and even a Vitesse sedan!

If you race an MG or TR, thisis the place to be in 2005.  Entry form is
available on the HSR web site (www.hsrrace.com) or you are welcome to e-mail
me directly.  We wil have a SEPARATE race group for the entire weekend (you
won't be mixed in with the regular HSR groups) so you'll be on the track
with compatible cars, all MG's and Triumphs.  If we get more than 80
entries, we'll probably have TWO dedicated race groups!

Lots of MG/TR activities are planned, a special dinner, we have our own
paddock, there will be special MG/TR trophies, some guys are doing valve
cover races, Moss Motors and Classic Motorsports are sponsoring the event
and having all sorts of special activities -- it will be an MG/TR
"happening".  If you haven't raced at Road Atlanta, this is your chance to
try this great track with a group of like-minded competitors, in a friendly
atmosphere.  HSR is really going out of their way to accomodate the MG's and
TR's this year.

Generally, if your car is eligible with any VMC vintage club, and you're a
qualified driver with any vintage club, you should be accepted.  (Any
questions about eligibility should be directed to HSR)

Most MG racers are members of MG Vintage Racers and have gotten the info via
that group, and most TR drivers are in Friends of Triumph and have the info
from them ... but just in case there are some MG or TR racers on this list
who aren't members of either group, I thought I'd post this info.  Please
join us!

Mark Palmer