Re: more safety stuff - underwear

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: more safety stuff - underwear
From: Royce Miller <royce_miller@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 21:16:09 -0700 (PDT)
This conversation occured here a year or so ago
and I thought that many
expressed that the steam created by wet nomex was
a real danger!  I know
we cannot control sweating but intentionally
wetting Nomex could be as
dangerous as not wearing it!  Is that true folks?

Royce
'66 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #111
Sacramento, CA USA

--- Bob Van Kirk <racerbob70@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I actually find it cooler, or at least
better, to
> > wear nomex undies.
>
>   Now if you really want to be cool, dampen
your
> underwear top lightly with water before puting
it on
> and soak the belclava with ice water and put it
in a
> small plastic bag to take to the false grid.
Wring
> out the belclava just before you put on the
helmet and
> I guarantee the first few laps your actually
chilly.