Re: Understeer

To: SRoach288@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Understeer
From: Royce Miller <royce_miller@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:52:07 -0700 (PDT)
--- SRoach288@aol.com wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I race a 1960 Historic Formula Junior in the UK.
> What is the general consensus on changing understeer with tyre
> pressures? I
> have always thought that if you get understeer during the race then you
> should
> lower your pressures as your tyres are overheating. Having talked to
> various
> people in the paddock its seems to vary from person to person.
> What do people do in the states where it is hotter than over here?
>
> Stuart Roach

Hello Stuart,

The following web link is to a page provided by Roger Kraus Racings, he
has a well known tire and car setup business in Castro Valley, CA.  The
link is to a tech sheet that has information (including tire pressure
adjustments) on how to adjust a car with understeer (and oversteer) that
you might find interesting.

http://rogerkrausracing.com/overundr.html

Hope it helps!

Royce